Maritime profile: Honduras

GENERAL INFORMATION FOR 2016
Population
GDP
Merchandise trade ¹
9.113 Millions
21 517 Millions current US$
18 499 Millions current US$
Coast/area ratio ²
Ship building ³
Ship scrapping ³
..
..
..
Fleet - National flag
Fleet - Ownership
Container port throughput
463 Thousands DWT
35 Thousands DWT
677 618 TEU
WORLD SHARES FOR 2016
0.12 %0.03 %0.05 %0.07 %0.11 %0.03 % Less than 0.01% of the World total0.10 %Not available or not separately reportedNot available or not separately reported0.12 %0.03 %0.05 %0.07 %0.11 %0.03 % Less than 0.01% of the World total0.10 %Not available or not separately reportedNot available or not separately reported
INTERNATIONAL MERCHANDISE TRADE
More data on UNCTADstat
-3.5 %
Merchandise exports growth rate in 2016
Total merchandise trade
(millions of US$)
2005
2010
2015
2016
Merchandise exports
5 048
6 264
8 226
7 940
Merchandise imports
6 545
8 907
11 097
10 559
Merchandise trade balance
-1 497
-2 643
-2 871
-2 619
Export structure by product group in 2016
(as % of total exports)
7 %7 %47 %47 %4 %4 %42 %42 %
Top 5 partners in 2016
(exports, millions of US$)
3 9144964913813633 914496491381363
INTERNATIONAL TRADE IN TRANSPORT SERVICES
More data on UNCTADstat
-1.8 %
Transport services exports growth rate in 2016
Services exports by main category
(as % of total services)
2005
2010
2015
2016
Transport
2.8
2.8
3.5
(e) 3.4
Travel
26.2
29.7
24.3
(e) 25.0
Other services
10.4
13.9
13.4
(e) 14.9
Total trade in transport services
(millions of US$)
2005
2010
2015
2016
Transport services exports
49
58
95
(e) 93
Transport services imports
513
602
1 016
(e) 908
Transport services trade balance
-463
-544
-921
(e) -815
NATIONAL FLEET
More data on UNCTADstat
-0.8 %
Fleet growth rate in 2016
Carrying capacity by type of ship
(Thousands DWT)
2005
2010
2015
2016
Total fleet
972.0
702.2
466.8
462.9
Oil tankers
304.0
187.6
144.0
144.0
Bulk carriers
177.0
71.1
..
..
General cargo
378.0
311.4
226.3
230.0
Container ships
6.0
2.2
3.3
3.3
Other types of ships
107.0
130.0
93.1
85.6
Fleet by type of ship
(Number of ships)
212125190214125090206126219021522741942151275194
LINER SHIPPING CONNECTIVITY INDEX
More data on UNCTADstat
Bilateral connectivity index - Top 10 partners in 2016
Can only take values between 0 (minimum) and 1 (maximum)
0.3770.3590.3550.3540.3520.3450.3450.3400.3390.3350.3770.3590.3550.3540.3520.3450.3450.3400.3390.335
National connectivity index
Maximum 2004=100 for China
17.917.910.410.411.111.110.710.710.010.09.49.49.19.110.710.79.39.38.88.88.38.38.68.69.19.117.910.411.110.710.09.49.110.79.38.88.38.69.1
Source: UNCTADstat (http://unctadstat.unctad.org)
Notes:
1
Sum of exports and imports.
2
Coastline length based on data calculated in 2000 from the World Vector Shoreline database at 1:250,000 scale.
3
Propelled seagoing merchant vessels of 100 GT and above. Source: Clarksons Research.
4
Propelled seagoing merchant vessels of 100 GT and above, on 1 January. Source: Clarksons Research.
5
Propelled seagoing merchant vessels of 1000 GT and above, on 1 January. Source: Clarksons Research.
6
2014 data. TEU: Twenty Foot Equivalent Unit. Source: UNCTAD Secretariat, derived from various sources including Dynamar B.V. Publications, terminal operators and port authorities.
7
Statistics presented correspond to the 6th edition of the IMF Balance of Payments and International Investment Position Manual, 2009 (BPM6, 2009).
8
Source: UNCTAD Secretariat, generated from data provided by Lloyds List Intelligence.
e
Estimated.
Symbols for missing values:
0
Zero means that the amount is nil or negligible
..
Not available or not separately reported
_
Not applicable
...
Not available, including no quotation
#
Non-relevant calculation
-
Not publishable
***
Negative accumulation of flows; Value included in regional and global totals
Abbreviations & acronyms:
DWT:
Dead weight tons
GDP:
Gross domestic product
GT:
Gross tons
TEU:
Twenty foot equivalent unit
Disclaimer:
The designations employed and the presentation of the material on UNCTADstat do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the secretariat of the United Nations concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Where the designations "economy" or "country or area" appear in texts or tables, they cover regions, countries, territories, cities or areas.

UNCTAD strives for the highest level of accuracy and is committed to promptly correcting any errors on its part. It does not guarantee or make any express or implied representations regarding the accuracy, reliability, correctness, fitness for use for a particular purpose, or otherwise, whatsoever, of any of the tables in UNCTADstat.
Generation date: 18 April 2018