Maritime profile: State of Palestine

GENERAL INFORMATION FOR 2016
Population
GDP
Merchandise trade ¹
4.797 Millions
13 232 Millions current US$
(e) 7 540 Millions current US$
Coast/area ratio ²
Ship building ³
Ship scrapping ³
..
..
..
Fleet - National flag
Fleet - Ownership
Container port throughput
..
..
..
WORLD SHARES FOR 2016
0.06 %0.02 % Less than 0.01% of the World total0.04 %Not available or not separately reportedNot available or not separately reportedNot available or not separately reportedNot available or not separately reportedNot available or not separately reportedNot available or not separately reported0.06 %0.02 % Less than 0.01% of the World total0.04 %Not available or not separately reportedNot available or not separately reportedNot available or not separately reportedNot available or not separately reportedNot available or not separately reportedNot available or not separately reported
INTERNATIONAL MERCHANDISE TRADE
More data on UNCTADstat
-3.3 %
Merchandise exports growth rate in 2016
Total merchandise trade
(millions of US$)
2005
2010
2015
2016
Merchandise exports
335
576
(e) 825
(e) 798
Merchandise imports
2 667
3 959
(e) 6 158
(e) 6 742
Merchandise trade balance
-2 331
-3 383
(e) -5 333
(e) -5 944
Export structure by product group in 2016
(as % of total exports)
3 %3 %57 %57 %9 %9 %30 %30 %
Top 5 partners in 2016
(exports, millions of US$)
6997425171769974251717
INTERNATIONAL TRADE IN TRANSPORT SERVICES
More data on UNCTADstat
-
Transport services exports growth rate in 2016
Services exports by main category
(as % of total services)
2005
2010
2015
2016
Transport
1.5
2.7
2.3
-
Travel
23.1
74.2
53.5
-
Other services
64.7
22.8
44.1
-
Total trade in transport services
(millions of US$)
2005
2010
2015
2016
Transport services exports
3
15
19
-
Transport services imports
72
92
237
-
Transport services trade balance
-69
-77
-217
-
NATIONAL FLEET
More data on UNCTADstat
..
Fleet growth rate in 2016
Carrying capacity by type of ship
(Thousands DWT)
2005
2010
2015
2016
Total fleet
..
..
..
..
Oil tankers
..
..
..
..
Bulk carriers
..
..
..
..
General cargo
..
..
..
..
Container ships
..
..
..
..
Other types of ships
..
..
..
..
Fleet by type of ship
(Number of ships)
LINER SHIPPING CONNECTIVITY INDEX
More data on UNCTADstat
Bilateral connectivity index - Top 10 partners in 2016
Can only take values between 0 (minimum) and 1 (maximum)
National connectivity index
Maximum 2004=100 for China
Source: UNCTADstat (http://unctadstat.unctad.org)
Notes:
1
Sum of exports and imports.
2
Coastline length based on data calculated in 2000 from the World Vector Shoreline database at 1:250,000 scale.
3
Propelled seagoing merchant vessels of 100 GT and above. Source: Clarksons Research.
4
Propelled seagoing merchant vessels of 100 GT and above, on 1 January. Source: Clarksons Research.
5
Propelled seagoing merchant vessels of 1000 GT and above, on 1 January. Source: Clarksons Research.
6
2014 data. TEU: Twenty Foot Equivalent Unit. Source: UNCTAD Secretariat, derived from various sources including Dynamar B.V. Publications, terminal operators and port authorities.
7
Statistics presented correspond to the 6th edition of the IMF Balance of Payments and International Investment Position Manual, 2009 (BPM6, 2009).
8
Source: UNCTAD Secretariat, generated from data provided by Lloyds List Intelligence.
e
Estimated.
Symbols for missing values:
0
Zero means that the amount is nil or negligible
..
Not available or not separately reported
_
Not applicable
...
Not available, including no quotation
#
Non-relevant calculation
-
Not publishable
***
Negative accumulation of flows; Value included in regional and global totals
Abbreviations & acronyms:
DWT:
Dead weight tons
GDP:
Gross domestic product
GT:
Gross tons
TEU:
Twenty foot equivalent unit
Disclaimer:
The designations employed and the presentation of the material on UNCTADstat do not imply the expression of any opinion whatsoever on the part of the secretariat of the United Nations concerning the legal status of any country, territory, city or area, or of its authorities, or concerning the delimitation of its frontiers or boundaries.
Where the designations "economy" or "country or area" appear in texts or tables, they cover regions, countries, territories, cities or areas.

UNCTAD strives for the highest level of accuracy and is committed to promptly correcting any errors on its part. It does not guarantee or make any express or implied representations regarding the accuracy, reliability, correctness, fitness for use for a particular purpose, or otherwise, whatsoever, of any of the tables in UNCTADstat.
Generation date: 15 September 2017