Custom groups (Item selection)
To work with custom groups, click the "Custom groups" button on the toolbar.
A custom group is a user-selected subset of a dimension's members. Groups can be either Compound or Calculated.
- A Compound group is formed by applying one of the following calculations to the values of the group members:
- A Calculated group is formed by applying a user-provided formula to the values of the group members.
The Custom groups page shows a list of all the custom groups that have been created for the current dimension.
- To include a custom group in the current report, select its checkbox.
- To remove a custom group from the current report, clear its checkbox.
- To delete a custom group, click the "Delete" icon for the group.
- To change the order of custom groups, use the up and down arrows.
Creating a new custom group
- To create a new compound group, click Create compound group. The Edit compound group page appears.
- To create a new calculated group, click Create calculated group. The Edit calculated group page appears.
- Custom groups are saved with the report they appear in. If you want to save a custom group for use with other reports, you can save the current selections as a profile. See Profiles.